- IKEA launched its new financial year’s theme IT’S THE LITTLE THINGS THAT MATTER, from Sep. 2015. During this year, IKEA has focused on cooking and dining to encourage consumers to enjoy these activities at home.
- In China, cooking is a real hot topic, however, Chinese families pay more attention to food itself than the table setting or eating atmosphere.
- Before IKEA launches its Life at Home Report #2, we’ve done research about cooking and dining in 5 cities around China to find out consumers’ real situation on cooking and dining habits with social listening, in-home visit, focus group and online survey. With 1500 valid samples, we’ve finished the China version of Life at Home Report to dig out the insights from Chinese families. Then IKEA com-in designers and us have worked hard for providing better solutions according to report findings to meet the needs of Chinese family in a media kickoff event, sharing inspirations with media all around China.
- 289 journalists of 257 media from 15 cities around China have attended the event.
Right after the kickoff event, IKEA had launched its first outdoor interaction for consumer experience in Shanghai, on XinTianDi. Before the offline interaction, IKEA launched an online engagement called Cook For Love, which collected consumers’ real love stories. It recruited online participators to come to the offline LIVE KITCHEN in order to cook for their loved ones and enjoy dining together.
- Everyday, there are 2 – 3 families coming to the kitchen together and enjoying cooking and dining with their families and friends. There have been 2 hero stories according to every week’s theme, which have also been shot and spread through social platforms.
- We totally collected about 618 stories within 2 weeks, and among these stories, there are 59 stories, including 53 love stories, 3 IKEA FAMILY seminars, 2 cooking classes and 1 consumer interaction, actually happening in LIVE KITCHEN.
- The hero stories were shot into 8 short films, which have got 1.9Mil view, achieved 26.7+Mil social impression and over 11,300 interactions with fans and generated 974 clippings worth excess 18.8Mil RMB.